Wednesday, August 22, 2012

T-Minus 8 hours...

My two-ish years in Korea are almost up, and in about eight hours, I'll be jetting off back to the US.

Being able to live in Korea has been an eye-opening experience, and I wish that every gyopo could have the opportunity to do what I've been able to do these past couple of years.

I gotta catch some sleep before going to the airport, so I won't write much more right now. I will continue to update this blog because I've got some more material that I haven't been able to write about before my takeoff.

I remember being so happy and eager when I was just about to leave home for the first time to start college. But as I get ready to leave home once again, the feeling's not the same this time. I'm not quite sure if this make me more or less mature. It could mean that I'm more so because I no longer have any delusional fantasies about finding this perfect and wonderful paradise out there that will fix everything I find unsatisfying about my life. On the other hand, it could mean that I'm less so because, well, not wanting to leave home is kind of the stereotypical sign of arrested development.

Eh, gotta sleep now. About 24 hours from now, I'll be in Philly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-49948643-1